No lists today. Just a heartfelt, sincere prayer going up for all the families affected by the tragic shooting in CT this morning. Harming a child is something that is completely beyond my ability to comprehend.
Dear Lord, please come quickly. I for one am ready to leave this world and go on to a place that is far better than this.
1. Alaskan Cruise
2. Greece Islands
3. Motherhood (yea I think this is an adventure…. don’t judge)
4. Building a house
5. Skydiving (even though I am terrified of heights….)
6. Getting a tattoo (even though I am terrified of needles)
7. Shoot a deer (also don’t judge)
I’m not sure if this is what this list was talking about but yeah….
So…. I realize that I haven’t done an actual written post in like months…. So I think I’m gonna try to start again. I’m gonna do lists of 7 things. You’ll see each day what they are. It’ll be fun. And hopefully will get me back into blogging…..
First list: 7 everyday things I couldn’t live without
1. Mountain Dew: I love it. Completely addicted. Randall and I agreed that we wouldn’t have cokes in the house, and that lasts normally about a week and then I break down and bring a 12 pack home. Just can’t go without it. So good.
2. Pajama pants: They are just soooo comfy!! And they come in so many prints and stuff, they go with ALMOST anything. Some days, it’s hard for me to get out of them (today for instance…..)
3. Netflix: It’s how I was introduced to Doctor Who, Sherlock and so many other shows. It has great kid shows for the kids I keep, and it’s got some great educational stuff for when I just have had to much Go Diego Go…..
4. My pillow: Not just any pillow. MY pillow. It is just the perfect size and so comfy, no other pillow can take it’s place. When I have to get a new one, there will be a grieving process. Don’t judge.
5. Books: I am starting to love books more than I love movies (and if you know me, you know that’s a big deal). They just take me on so many adventures to so many different places. I can go to Hogwarts or witness Katniss being a beast in the Hunger Games. I can laugh and cry with the Baxtor’s or travel to the Belmont mansion…. I can ride along and fight with Aragorn or watch Elizabeth Bennett tell Mr. Darcy how it is. It’s just to much fun and I can’t even describe how much I love it.
6. Cooking: I have grown to love cooking, and I am pretty good at it too. When everything else in my life is falling apart, I know that when I add certain ingredients together, an amazing dish is going to come out of it. It calms me down and makes me feel at ease. It is so nice to be able to cook for Randall and other friends and family.
7. Church class: Randall and I have been involved in our church class for about a year now, and it has been such an incredible blessing. We have grown so close to many people in our congregation that we wouldn’t normally be close to without this class. It is also really amazing to be able to surround ourselves with people who have the same beliefs, values and goals as we do. We have grown to love them all dearly.
Tomorrow: post numero dos! :)